Sunday, July 11, 2010

Please honor us with Your presence...

My future grandparents, John Charles Bambenek of Winona, MN and Laura Pellowski of rural Arcadia, WI, were married at Sacred Heart Church in Pine Creek on November 17, 1914. They first settled in the town of Dodge, where their first child, Frances Adeline, was born on October 8, 1915. Below is an invitation to their wedding, scanned from an original which is now in my possession. The Polish text reads, as best I can tell:

Please honor us with Your Presence
Together with Your Family
At the Wedding Ceremony

of our daughter
LEOCADIA
to
MR. JOHN BAMBENEK

on Tuesday, 17 November 1914 at 9:30 am
at the Church of Jesus' Heart
in Pine Creek, Wis.

You are also cordially invited to the wedding banquet, which will take place at our home immediately after the wedding.

With deep respect,
Jacob and Franciszka Pellowski.


I have also obtained, courtesy of Mr. Ben Schultz at the Polish Museum in Winona, a copy of the official church record of the Pellowski-Bambenek wedding. Fortunately, I'm a little more confident in my ability to translate Latin.

I, the undersigned, with three announcements made and the consensus of both parties confirmed, have through my words joined together in matrimony John Bambenek, from Winona (St. Stanislaus) son of Charles and Frances (nee Nygowska) and Leocadia Pelowski, from Pine Creek, daughter of Jacob and Francisca (nee Zabinski), with Felix Pelowski, Helen Bambenek, Francis Malotka, and Genovefa Pelowska as witnesses.

Reverend Jas. W. Gara

No comments:

Post a Comment